The aim of this project is to analyze the social and economic contribution of the Spanish University System from a rigorous perspective, based on the abundant information available on universities and their environment. The expected result is a broad empirical assessment of the social and economic contribution of Spanish universities offering an accurate response to the following questions:
- What is the outcome of the activities carried out by the Spanish University System regarding teaching, research or technological development, innovation and knowledge transfer?
- What impact do the activities carried out by Spanish universities have on the economic activity and employment of graduates?
- To what degree does the production system make use of the qualified human resources provided by the Spanish University System?
- What is the economic (public and private) outcome obtained from Government or family expenditure on universities?
- To what extent is the university the key to equal opportunities and upward social mobility?
- What effect does higher education have on culture, lifestyles and social participation of university students?
- How does the Spanish University System contribute to economic growth?